- 2 cups Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can mixed vegetables (carrots and peas)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 3/4 cup beef broth (I’ve used water before when I didn’t have any broth at home, taste the same)
- salt and pepper for taste
- vegetable oil for the beef
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add ground beef and cook until well browned. Pour off excess fat, then stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add ketchup and beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the canned vegetables to the beef.
- Spread the ground beef in an even layer on the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Top with the mashed potato mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven (375 degrees F) for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Original Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/shepherds-pie-vi/detail.aspx