A friend of mine recently asked me how do they make these mango milk pudding (or mango yogurt which he called it) that they have at certain sushi restaurants. So I’ve decided to figure out what they were. After some googling, it turns out the milk pudding is called panna cotta, an Italian dessert and I found a simple recipe to use. The dessert is not very sweet but very tasty and very easy to make. This makes about 6 cups of pudding.
- 2 cups of heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 packet or 2 tsp of powdered gelatin
- 3 tbsp of cold water
- 2 cups of Mango Puree
- Heat the heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan or microwave until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the warm cream mixture over the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Divide the mixture into cups and chill them until firm. Depending on your fridge it could be between 2 to 4 hours.
- Add mango puree on top of the panna cotta.
Panna Cotta Recipe based on: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/04/perfect-panna-cotta/