For a friend’s birthday I’ve decided to make New York cheesecake for the party. This is a reduced sugar version due to the traditional one being too sweet for most Chinese people. I’ve also added strawberry jam and strawberries for some sourness to the cake. I like making this version because the added sour cream makes the cheesecake more soft and light.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 pkg (250g each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line 8×8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter and press on to the bottom of the pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream and mix well. Add one egg at a time, beating at low speed until well blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center almost set. Cool completely, refrigerate for 3 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan.
Note: As an modification of the recipe I’ve also used some strawberry jam, which I drizzle on top before baking the cheesecake and use a knife to make some patterns.
Recipe Based On: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/cooking-tips/cooking-videos/philadelphia-new-york-style-sour-433.aspx