We made rice dumplings for the dragon boat festival – DuanWu! 一年一度的端午节, 我们家自己包粽子.
- Pork 猪肉
- Chinese Sausage 腊肠
- Chestnut 栗子
- Green Bean 绿豆
- Glutinous Rice 糯米
- Salted Egg Yolk 咸蛋黄
- Dried Shrimp 虾米
- Reed Leaves 粽叶
- 首先是把粽叶泡一晚, 然后洗干净. Soak the leaves in water overnight, wash them before use.
- 把米和绿豆混合起来, 加盐. Mix the rice and green bean together, add some salt.
- 先拿两片粽叶来装米. Use two leaves to make a cone to hold the rice.
- 然后添加馅料, 我们大概是每样放一块, 按照个人喜欢来放吧. Add the meat, egg yolk, sausage, chestnut, shrimp, you can use other fillings if you like.
- 在上面再放米. Cover the filling with rice.
- 加多一片叶包起来, 然后用绳子绑好, 最好就两只绑在一齐, 煮的时候好拿上来. Add one more leave and wrap it into the proper shape. Tie it with a rope. It’s easier if you tie two dumplings together. This it makes it easier to take it out of the pot.
- 然后用锅子装满水, 煮4个小时. 一定要确定全部粽子都被水盖过. 最好中间的时候把粽子位置换一下. Boil the dumplings in a pot of water, make sure the water covers all of the dumplings. Cook for 4 hours, remember to move the dumplings around a bit about half way through to make sure they are thoroughly cooked.