Happy Valentine’s day everyone! This year I made tiramisu for my dear hubby. This is a non-alcoholic and no raw egg version because he doesn’t like the alcohol and raw egg. It’s also very easy to make! This recipe makes a lot, in total there was 8 small cups and 5 large cups. The original recipe was only half the ingredients but mascarpone cheese are sold in 475g and so I didn’t want to waste the ingredients.
- 1 cup of coffee
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 475g of mascarpone cheese
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 300g of ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder
- For the coffee syrup: In a small bowl, combine the hot coffee and 2 tbsp sugar. Mix until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- For the filling: In a large bowl, whisk mascarpone vigorously by hand until creamy and smooth. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- In a different mixer bowl, whisk together heavy cream and sugar using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipping cream into mascarpone in 2 additions until mixture is smooth.
- Assemble tiramisu: Spoon a dollop of the mascarpone cream mixture into the bottom of the glass.
- Break each ladyfinger into 4 pieces, dip the ladyfingers very quickly (less than a second) into the coffee syrup and place on top of the cream. You don’t have to use all 4 pieces at once; it depends on the size of the glass.
- Repeat with layering filling and ladyfingers, creating 2-3 layers in total. For each ladyfinger, add about 2-3 heaping tablespoons of cream. It doesn’t have to be exact – if you like more cream, go ahead and add more.
- Serve cold. Right before serving, dust the top with cocoa powder.
Recipe Based On: http://prettysimplesweet.com/egg-free-alcohol-free-tiramisu/