I’ve recent baked this double chocolate muffin for a bake sale at work and they turned out delicious! It has a lot of chocolate, not very sweet, and super moist! Super yummy when it was warm! The original recipes is supposed to make a dozen muffins, but I didn’t mound it high enough so it ended up being 18 muffins in total. So it looked more like cupcakes than muffins. Next time I should mound it higher so it makes 12 muffins and have that nice muffin shape.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 300g of chocolate chips (about 10 1/2 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a bowl, sift and whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium-high speed. Slowly add in the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale and thick. The mixture should ribbon down from the beater when lifted.
- Beat oil into the egg mixture until fully incorporated.
- Beat sour cream and vanilla extract into the egg mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and fold until only a few visible streaks remain.
- Add most of the chocolate chips and fold in until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated. Leave a small amount of chocolate for topping.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Smoothing the top if needed and keeping the scoops mounded.
- Top each muffin cups with the remaining chocolate.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 350 F and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out free of batter (It may have melted chocolate).
- Cool the muffin in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe Based On: http://www.brighteyedbaker.com/2014/07/16/ultimate-double-chocolate-muffins/