After watching a video on youtube, I tried making a mille crepe for the first time. I am actually not sure if it turned out right because I’ve never had this cake before. I used a 18cm frying pan for this mille crepe. The recipe made about 16 crepes, but because it was the first time I made crepes, I broke 6 of them, and so I only used 10 crepes for the cake.
- 120g of cake flour
- 20g of cocoa powder
- 45g of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 325g of milk
- 25g of butter
- oil for frying pan
Whipped Cream Filling
- 300ml of whipping cream
- 40g of sugar
- Combine cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well and add eggs, mix everything together using an egg beater.
- Mix the milk into the batter in three parts.
- Melt the butter and add it to the batter.
- Sift the batter to get rid of any chunks. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Using a low heat setting on the stove, preheat the frying pan. Brush a thin layer of oil on to the frying pan.
- Using a ladle, pour batter on to the frying pan. Try to make sure the amount of batter is roughly the same for each crepe so they turn out to have the same thickness.
- Fry crepes for about 20 seconds, flip it over onto a plate and flatten it out.
- Repeat the process of adding oil and frying the crepe for about 16 crepes, layer the crepes neatly on a plate, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Add sugar to whipping cream and beat until markings form on to the top but the whipped cream still flows.
- Combine the crepe and whipped cream together by layering a piece of crepe at the bottom. Add whipped cream on top, using a spatula to smooth out the whipped cream, and then add a piece of crepe on top and repeat.
- Refrigerate the mille crepe for at least 3 hours. Sift cocoa powder on top for decoration.
Recipe Based On: http://www.amandatastes.com/【曼食慢语】抹茶千层蛋糕/