There were these 3 bananas sitting there becoming a bit too ripe, so I let them become black and tried making banana bread for the first time!
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F and butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Stir in sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Recipe Based On: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/