I had some left over whipping cream and a lot of frozen mango in my fridge, so I made mango mousse! I simplified the recipe by a lot, and didn’t add any sugar because the frozen mango I used were very ripe and sweet. If the mango you use are fresh mango and aren’t very sweet, you might want to add about 3 tbsp of sugar.
- 3/4 cup of whipping cream
- 1 tsp of gelatin powder
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup of mango puree
- 1/4 cup of diced mango
- Whip the whipping cream until medium peak. Be careful not to over whip.
- Bloom the gelatin with cold water.
- Mix the gelatin into the mango puree.
- Fold the whipping cream into the mango mixture in thirds.
- Pour mango mousse into individual cups, layer with mango pieces.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours.
Recipe Based On: http://www.chefdehome.com/Recipes/286/delicious-mango-mousse